Monday, June 4, 2012

Weekend Catchup

I shouldn't be writing this, I should be in bed sleeping in preparation for my first 8-hour workday tomorrow. But I've already missed 2 days!

#1 Joy for Others
My sister has been dealt some pretty raw deals in life, but lately she seems to be finding simple but effective ways of fighting back, and it's making me so happy! I always feel so sad and frustrated when she's suffering and I can't do anything to help. Now I want to celebrate any little victories she has. Also having random bursts of familial happiness.

#2 Umbrellas
You're not really supposed to use them if you're a true Washingtonian, but sometimes they can be really helpful, and besides... there's nothing quite like walking along with an umbrella when the rain is falling straight down on an otherwise nearly silent day.

#3 More Work Hours
Like I said, I'm being bumped up to 8 hour days! That means I'll have plenty of breathing room money-wise come next payday.

#4 Apples to Apples
We played it with a vegan friend tonight and once again also thankful for the PPK and its recipes.

#5 Oma
She came over on Saturday and spent half the day with us. We made Chickpea Picatta and ran some errands around town and gave her lovely homemade raspberry chocolate hazelnut butter cups and I was able to give her a picture I painted for her. She is someone I feel like my life would not be as rich without, and it's not like I even have spent that much time with her. She's just that sort of person.

#6 Vital Friends
Went to BUF again on Sunday and the entire sermon and everything was about friendship and how important it is to our spiritual and emotional wellbeing. Having TRUE friends who will stand by us and let us confide in them, who make themselves available for us. I have always tried to be that kind of friend but I know I fail a lot. Even so I have more than one person who has filled my life with that kind of love and done so much, and I feel so grateful. I honestly cried because I had forgotten just how beautiful friendship can be until Sunday. I need to learn how to BE a better friend... not focus on how far away my friends are or what I wish they would do. You guys are all amazing people I feel honored to know.


No comments:

Post a Comment